Wednesday, March 11, 2009

+ advice 2

My dad told me not to spend money I do not have. My grandma told me to learn to play the piano so I could accompany myself. My old boyfriend said to be a happy cat, be in it but not of it , read Rousseau, The Decameron and Montaigne and that everything works out... and that getting the first sentence right is important. Rita told me to let go and read The Four Agreements. Lee Russel said 'name it and claim it' and to pay attention to my spelling. Dorene gave me Pathways. Jen said to celebrate myself. My voice teacher taught me to breathe and click. My sister told me that it isn't always about me and to hold the yoga position for a slow count of 30. My niece said that I should do what makes me happy. My brother told me that I would always be the kid in our family who totalled the Karmen Ghia and not to let that get to me. Gess told me to be myself. Veronica reminds me when I am putting on a show. Einat told me to call Sara. Sara told me to go to Le Gamin. Isabella told me to buy the shoes. Lynn told me 'not to be an ass' and to keep going and Marty told me to lose the baby voice. The Stones said, ...you can't always get what you want. You can't always get what you want. You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find- you get what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment